Senior Scientific Editor, Science. (1999-2017)
Recruiting Editor, PNAS. (1998-1999)
Editor, Nature Structural Biology. (1993-1998)
Assistant Biology Editor, Nature. (1992-1993)
- Oversaw external peer review of manuscripts: identified appropriate reviewers, solicited and weighed reviews, made decisions based on editorial and reviewer input.
- Engaged with authors to develop manuscripts, recommend revisions, and edit as necessary to ensure accuracy and readability of content.
- Commissioned review articles from leading researchers in diverse scientific fields including developmental, molecular and cell biology.
- Wrote short overviews highlighting recently published literature.
- Developed relationships with the scientific community.
Post-doctoral Fellow, 1988-1991
Pattern Formation During Drosophila Development
Dr. D Ish-Horowicz
Ph.D. Molecular Biology, 1987
Thesis title: The Drosophila hsp27 Promoter.
Dr. H Pelham
BSc, Biochemistry (Honours) Class 1 1984
More meanders and sandwiches. Riddihough, G. Nature Structural Biology 1, 755-757 (1994).
Specific DNA recognition and intersite spacing are critical for action of the bicoid morphogen. Hanes, S., Riddihough, G., Ish-Horowicz, D. & Brent, R. Mol. cell. Biol. 5, 3364-3375 (1994).
Individual stripe regulatory elements in the Drosophila hairy promoter respond to maternal, gap and pair-rule genes. Riddihough, G., & Ish-Horowicz, D. Genes Dev. 5, 840-854 (1991).
An ecdysone response element in the Drosophila hsp27 promoter. Riddihough, G., & Pelham, H.R.B. EMBO J. 6, 3729-3734 (1987).
Activation of the Drosophila hsp27 promoter by heat shock and ecdysone involves independent and remote regulatory sequences. Riddihough, G. & Pelham, H.R.B. EMBO J. 5,1653-1658 (1986).
A tale of two heads, New Scientist, 38-42, 19 September (1992). Some like it hot, The Independent (1992). Nature News Service: El Pais, 3 March (1993). L’Unita, 21 September (1993). Japan Times, 25 September (1993). Bangkok Post, 26 September (1993).