A unique scientific editing service
We focus on:
- We accentuate your key findings.
- We enhance strengths and minimize weaknesses.
Clarity and accuracy.
- We sharpen text, check content, and tailor it to a target journal or grant.
- Given our experience as journal editors and scientists, we will also assess the suitability of your manuscripts for a specific journal, and evaluate the scope, logic and design of your grant proposals. To maximize your chances of eventual success we further develop the text, and, if necessary, suggest new experiments.
Our assessment is unique to our experience reading and handling manuscripts at the top journals. We have made hundreds of editorial decisions and know what journal editors and referees are looking for.
We edit first submissions, revisions, and rebuttals.
- Highlights the key results.
- Rationalizes the work to accentuate impact.
- Ensures the story is complete and the data are sufficient.
- Preempts referee and editor concerns.
- Develops the cover letter to help convince an editor to review the paper.
- Strengthens revisions and rebuttals to fully address issues raised by the editor and referees.
Grant Proposal Editing
We edit grant proposals for all funding bodies.
- Clarifies and promotes the significance and innovation.
- Accentuates the potential impact both in and outside the field.
- Develops the aims and ensures the proposed experiments fully address them.
- Ensures predicted outcomes, pitfalls and alternatives are clearly stated.
- Tailors the proposal to the grant call.
Notes on process
Your manuscript will be returned with edited changes and comments tracked in Word.
Edits of manuscripts and grants are generally completed within 4 or 5 days, respectively. Shorter turnarounds are often possible.